Our Buddhist school, in partnership with parents, works to instill and develop in our students the core virtues of kindness, filial piety, respect, trustworthiness, fairness, citizenship, integrity and humility. We provide an environment for our students to achieve their full academic potential and become outstanding citizens who will contribute to making their community and the world a better place.
Instilling Goodness/Developing Virtue Schools are founded on the ideals set forth in the teachings of the Buddha. Accordingly, courses in Buddhist Studies are requisite for all students. Students of all faiths, however, are welcome.
Students cultivate specific skills for ethical leadership and service to humanity.
Graduates of our schools
- Manifest the core virtues of Filial piety for parents, teachers, and elders 孝, Kindness 慈 or 仁, Good Citizenship or Civic Virtue 忠, Trustworthiness 信, Respect 禮, Fairness 義, Humility 恥, Integrity 廉
- Cherish life in all its forms, are responsible stewards of the environment and exercise frugality.
- Are confident, well-rounded persons who interact harmoniously with others and take responsibility for their own actions.
- Have developed the skills of a good citizen and explored within themselves the complementary qualities of leadership and responsible teamwork through active service to others and volunteerism.
- Have gained a deep appreciation of their own inherent spiritual wisdom through meditation and other spiritual practices and teachings.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the fundamental teachings in Buddhist philosophy and ethics that inspire them to follow a life of integrity in accordance with their own philosophical or religious beliefs.
- Have explored and developed their individual academic potential and talents in the humanities, sciences or arts.
- Have developed an enthusiasm for the pursuit of knowledge.
- Are prepared for success in college.
- Have the ability to think and write critically and analytically.
- Have developed their individual creative potential in thinking, expression and problem solving.
- Express a multinational, global awareness and understanding; and show an appreciation and respect for a variety of cultures and religions.